MJJA envisions a preferred future in which the public is aware and supportive of the delivery of quality juvenile justice services to the children of Missouri.
To reach this desired future, MJJA recognizes certain core values intrinsic to the organization:
- Commitment to and advocacy for the needs of Missouri’s children
- Leading with the spirit of collaboration
- Comprised of broad-based and diverse members and donors
- Provision of top quality professional education, training and development
In this preferred future, MJJA demonstrates leadership by maintaining and enhancing quality collaborative training opportunities and forums for sharing expertise to guide and support the professional development of its broad based membership and Missouri’s juvenile justice system.
As an advocate of children’s rights and services, MJJA is recognized as a proactive leader in Missouri and nationally. MJJA’s leadership is reflected in maintaining a leading juvenile justice information clearinghouse and effectively serving and addressing issues raised by the diverse agencies involved in the juvenile justice system.
MJJA serves as an expert consultant at the request of the Office of the Governor and state and community lawmakers; leads the development of uniform standards, practices and procedures in juvenile care, and; promotes the need for adequate resources for all services within Missouri’s juvenile justice system.
MJJA’s goals are to:
- Present a unified voice on juvenile justice issues
- Advocate and create liaisons among youth serving agencies and organizations through collaboration and cooperation
- Establish and promote and provide technical assistance in the development and implementation of successful programming and treatment services
- Foster public awareness, support and involvement
- Work toward the prevention of child abuse and neglect and delinquency
- Improve professional skills of juvenile justice professionals